Asthma / COPD Services
If you suffer from asthma or COPD, salbutamol inhalers can help you relieve your symptoms by relaxing the muscles of the airways into the lungs and therefore make it easier to breathe.
Pelican Pharmacy can prescribe you a salbutamol inhaler at a very low cost.
To take advantage of this service, please fill in the online form and the Pharmacist will assess the information before deciding if a salbutamol inhaler is suitable for the patient.
How it works
- Patient fills in an online form
- Pharmacist will assess the information and arrange a consultation with the patient.
- Pharmacist will invite the patient to come to the Pharmacy at a convenient time and have a consultation regarding salbutamol use.
- Once the clinical checks have been completed and assessed to be safe for the patient, the salbutamol inhaler will be prescribed for the patient.
There is a fee to this service.
The cost of this service is £8
Important information to patients
- This service is not suitable for patients suffering from urgent asthma, COPD or breathing problems
- Please call 999 or go to your local accident and Emergency if you are experiencing an asthma attack, have difficulty breathing or have any chest pains.
Make sure you have regular reviews with your doctor regarding your asthma or COPD condition.