Flu vaccination service
Pelican pharmacy can offer a Free Flu vaccination service if you are classed in one of these groups:
- All people aged 65 years and over
- People aged from 18 to less than 65 years of age with one or more of the following medical conditions:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease (such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis)
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease (such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability)
- A weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment);
- Pregnant women aged 18 or over
- People aged 18 or over living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities
- Carers aged 18 or over
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over.
This service is funded by the NHS.
If you are not classed in the above high-risk groups, Pelican Pharmacy can provide the flu vaccination at a cost of £10.
To take advantage of this service, please contact the pharmacy to make an appointment